Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 1

Today didn't go as planned. I woke up with Vertigo. My sweet sweet husband came home from work to help me with EVERYTHING, since walking was challenging.

Breakfast on the challenge was pretty much the same as any other day, except we didn't have toast with our scrambled eggs.

After church Maddie snacked on 2 frozen gogurts and 1 banana. The yogurt was from a previous shopping trip. 


For lunch, we ate lentil veggie stew. It was similar to a dish I make often in the winter except there wasn't any sausage in the stew. We liked it. Of course wishing we could have added grated pecorino romano and some sausage.Maddie ate a huge bowl. Thank goodness I have an eater, because the dish doesn't look appetizing.


Dinner, was at my friends' house who had a birthday party for her daughter. I felt like I was cheating as I was eating fresh cut veggies, chips and dip, pizza, cake, and ice cream cake.


I think people living below the line in the USA go to parties sans gifts and are able to eat a meal at the party. I don't know for sure, though. I do have friends who are struggling financially and they seem to think tonight was okay. I don't feel that tonight was charity and that they were giving us food. They did offer us the leftover pizza, but I declined.

One day down, it was easy granted we ate a full dinner at my friends. Tomorrow will be the menu as planned. I did find myself hungrier than usual, but I think that is because I just couldn't eat anything I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment