Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 4 (Wedneday) of eating below the line.

Today I decided to eat more oatmeal for breakfast since it sustained me longer into the day. I couldn't bring myself to be grumpy if I could simply eat something more filling to keep me going. I went to church after I dropped Maddie off at school, which helped me avoid some of the hunger pangs I experienced on Tuesday.

For lunch I ate leftovers from Monday's dinner of vegetables with couscous while Maddie had another ham and cheese sandwich with grapes. The couscous kept me full and happy until dinnertime. We also went over a friends' house so Maddie could have some playtime. This was a life-saver. During these past few days, my energy level has been almost non-existent so playtime isn't all that fun. In fact I've been falling asleep on the couch in between lunch and dinner so I don't feel hungry and because I really don't have the energy to do anything else.

Dinner was Macaroni and Peas. Normally this is NOT something I would make for us, but I was pleasantly surprised. I cut up 1 onion and grated 1 garlic clove and cooked the onion until they were soft. I then added the peas and butter. Mixed the pea mixture with the noodles and it was delicious and SUPER CHEAP. The total meal was 1.05.  That's $.34 a person!

After dinner I did some research about poverty levels, but I couldn't focus on what I was reading. So I'll look into that more tomorrow. From what I did understand, I was upset and appalled at the numbers of families who are living below the line. How are they managing? I'm having trouble on day 4, I can imagine day 378. Talking to others about this challenge, they believe your body adapts. I don't know what to believe.


Sorry there is no pictures for the 4th day of eating below the line. I forgot. To be honest I'm not clear headed at all. I feel like the talking dog Doug from the movie UP, at any moment a squirrel may walk by and I will loose my train of thought. SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment