Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes




Maddie and I love to watch cooking shows together.  Last night, Maddie was a bit hesitant to go to bed so I turned on Everyday Italian with Giada DeLaurentiis. The entire time while we were snuggling, Maddie was critiquing Giada's recipes and suggesting we try a few at home.




 
This morning for breakfast we tried her blueberry ricotta pancakes recipe minus the blueberries. We decided to add some lemon zest instead and they were DELICIOUS as you can tell by Maddie's thumbs up.

I love cooking with Maddie. She is always eager to try new things when she has helped make it.  Last night, she said she wanted to make Roman Style Chicken. She said she wasn't sure if she would like it, but she would try it.

I'm so grateful to have a child who is willing to try new things and help me in the kitchen.


2 comments: