Sunday, December 11, 2011

dreading the week ahead..

Okay dread is a strong word.

However, there is a lot on the to do list/calendar to complete and Christmas is TWO weeks away and I am fighting a cold! I have a few more gifts to pick up and I'm done, but I'm usually completely done by now. I'm grateful I have everything I've purchased already wrapped, but I'm not looking forward to heading out for the last few gifts this week. 



Tomorrow is my normal shopping day, but after writing my list I'm scared of my spending total for the week. There is nothing on sale that I need and hardly any coupons, we are planning on baking our holiday cookies on Friday, and we are out of some essentials like paper towels.UGH!


This week's shopping list:
Baguette
Romaine Lettuce
4 Roma tomatoes
Mushrooms
Green onions
Ginger
Red pepper
Green pepper
2 heads of broccoli
Lemons
Turnips
Parsnips
Gala apples
Napa cabbage
Bananas
Shallots
Jarlsberg Cheese
Sabra Hummus
½ pound Glen Rock Ham
½ pound Black Bear Turkey
Blistex
Thin sliced pork
Pot roast
2 packs of hot dogs
3 dozen eggs
Egg nog
Milk
½ and ½
1 pint heavy cream
Colonna bread crumbs
1 large ShopRite vanilla yogurt
Bread
2 cream cheese
Butter
Shoprite shredded cheese (mozzarella and Mexican)
Ice cream
Paper Towels
Tissues
Wisk
Toilet bowl cleaner
Beans (black and Kidney)
Mueller pasta
Beef stock
Garlic Powder
Sugar
Brown sugar
Confectioners’ sugar
Flour
Baking soda
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Butterscotch chips
Apple butter
Raisins
Scooby snacks fruit snacks
Oatmeal
Candy canes
2 can sweetened condensed milk
Cinnamon graham sticks




Our weekly calendar is BLUE is our menu and PURPLE is our advent activities


Mon Dec 12
Chicken Milanese with salad
Christmas craft with friends
Tue Dec 13
Go out to dinner
Wed Dec 14
Pork and mushroom moo shu
Pick food out of basement to donate
Thu Dec 15
Black Bean and Chorizo Chili
Do something nice for neighbor
Fri Dec 16
pot roast, mashed potatoes, and peas
Bake cookies
Sat Dec 17
eggs and bacon
Make Christmas ornaments with Maddie's friends
leftovers
Sun Dec 18
Make truffles for teachers
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Go out for ice cream

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot this week on the menu that we would eat:)

    ReplyDelete